CRN INTERNATIONAL SCHOOL
SECOND TERM EXAMINATION
JUNIOR SECONDARY SCHOOL – JSS 3
SECTION A – OBJECTIVES
Answer all the questions.
Choose the correct answer from the options.
1. Home economics deals with ___________________.
[a] how people live in the family
[b] what people need in the family
[c] how to satisfy people’s need
[d] all of the above
2. A social worker provides help to families with ___________________.
[b] no problems
3. The nerves that travel from the nose to the brain are called ___________________.
[a] nose nerves
[b] nostril nerves
[c] olfactory nerves
[d] sensing nerves
4. The set of teeth located in the centre of the front jaw are the ___________________.
5. Which of the following prevents dryness of hair and scalp scal?
6. The act of making the body perform some activities is ___________________.
7. A physical or mental dependence on continued use of drug is called ___________________.
8. Which of the following is not a reason for wearing cclothe?
9. All items that we wear with our clothes are called ___________________.
[d] hand bags
10. One of the following does not belong to the group.
11. One of the following helps digestion and bowel movement.
12. A family that includes aunts, uncles, grand parents’ cousins and other relations
is called ___________________.
[a] expensive family
[b] expanded family
[c] extended family
[d] extension family
13. The type of house that can still be found only in rural areas is ___________________.
14. Those things which the family desire that are not survival are called ___________________.
15. Human resources exit in ___________________.
16. Decision making occurs when there ___________________ to choose from.
[a] is an object
[b] is one action
[c] up to one solution
[d] are more than one solution
17. ___________________ is fine dry loose particle blown about by air
18. Invitation for formal parties is best given by ___________________.
[b] verbal communication
[c] oral communication
19. A collection of simple sewing tools and aids packed in a special container such as a box or bag is called a sewing ___________________.
20. Which of the following is strong hand stitch that can used in place of straight
[a] Running stitch
[b] Back stitch
[c] Over sewing
21. The short span of time which marks the beginning of sexual maturation is called ___________________.
22. The monthly flow of blood through the vagina in every woman of child bearing age is called ___________________.
23. One of the following is not a sexually transmitted disease
24. Values are important for their own sake
25. Conflict in families can arise from any of the following.
[a] situations, personality, unity
[b] personality, situations, affection
[c] situations, personality, power struggles
[d] struggles, personality, care
26. ___________________ supply the body with heat and energy
[a] carbohydrates and iron
[b] carbohydrates and fats
[c] carbohydrates and vegetables
[d] proteins and iron
27. The processes of preventing harmful bacteria from growing in food is food ___________________.
28. Clothes should be aired before they are ___________________.
29. The agents which clean surfaces and articles by rubbing of dirt are called ___________________.
30. Special materials used for covering and decorating the floor are called floor ___________________.
31. The amount of money that remain after deductions, such as tax and water
rate is ___________________.
32. ___________________, ___________________, ___________________, ___________________ are sources of family income.
33. ___________________ is an antibodies needed by baby.
34. ___________________. protect children against tuberculosis.
35. ___________________ and ___________________ are factors that can influence development in children.
36. Children develop ___________________, ___________________, and ___________________.
37. The process of producing an ovum by the ovary ___________________.
38. Baby layetter are ___________________, ___________________ and ___________________.
39. ___________________ and ___________________ are sewing machine types.
40. Needle clam hold ___________________.
41. ___________________ is an outlet for waste water
42. Floor covering can be ___________________ and ___________________.
43. Lemon or lime juice can be used for cleaning ___________________.
44. Methylated spirit is a solvent that cleans or remove ___________________.
45. ___________________ coagulate in moist heat
46. ___________________ ___________________ and ___________________ are elements of proteins.
47. ___________________ and ___________________ can cause fatigue.
48. Keeping the natural balance of the body aligned is ___________________.
49. ___________________ and ___________________ are opportunity in home economic.
50. ___________________ is the sense organ for smelling.
Theory coming soon…