CRN INTERNATIONAL SCHOOL
SECOND TERM EXAMINATION
SENIOR SECONDARY SCHOOL – SS 2
SECTION A – OBJECTIVES
Answer all the questions.
1. The solar system consists of the Sun and ___________________ planets.
2. Rivers meet at ___________________.
(a) meeting point
3. The speed of a river is its ___________________.
4. One of these is a feature of upper course of a river is ___________________.
(c) Ox – bow
5. ___________________ is the fan-shaped alluvial plain formed as a result of deposition of fine materials in the sea.
6. Aridity means ___________________.
(a) wetness (b) acidic (c) dryness
7. The gradual disintegration of rocks due to their exposure to air is ___________________.
(a) biological weathering
(b) physical weathering
© modern weathering
(d) chemical weathering
8. The largest desert is ___________________.
9. A desert landscape made up of mainly pebbles and gravels is ___________________.
(a) rocky desert
(b) mountain desert
(c) sand desert
(d) reg desert
10. The tributaries of a river are known as ___________________.
(a) small rivers
(b) subsequent rivers
(c) consequent rivers
(d) joint rivers
11. ___________________ is the result of the inability of rivers to flow straight because of low gravity.
12. Waterfall is a feature of the ___________________ course of a river.
13. A river end is called ___________________.
14. River capture is also called ___________________.
(c) river piracy
(d) river juvenile
15.` When water is too much in a soil, the soil is said to be ___________________.
(a) water soaked
(b) water logged
(c) water fulled
(d) water filled
16. Organic matter in the soil is called ___________________.
17. The ability of air to circulate freely in the soil is called ___________________.
18. The upward movement of water in the soil is ___________________.
19. When the data involves two variables, ___________________ Is used.
(a) simple bar chart
(b) compound bar chart
(c) multiple bar chart
(d) multiplication bar chart
20. The most commonly graphical presentation of movement along different routes is
(a) multiple bar chart
(b) line graphs
© star graph
(d) flow chart
SECTION B – THEORY
Answer four (4) questions ONLY.
1a. List five graphical representation of statistical data.
1b. Give four advantages of graphs.
2. The table below represents the population of some towns in Kano state as at 1984;:
Represent the above information by;
(i) Dot map
(ii) Choropleth map
3a. List three features of upper course of a river.
3b. List three features of wave erosion.
3c. List three features of wind erosion in the desert.
3d. Give one feature of middle course of a river.
4a. Define weathering.
4b. Discuss the process involved in physical or mechanical weathering.
4c. List four factors affecting the weathering of rocks.
5a. Define and describe the following terms;:
(i) River Regime
(ii) Water shed or water divide
(iii) River Rejuvenation
5b. Give two importance of Rivers to mankind.