CRN INTERNATIONAL SCHOOL
SECOND TERM EXAMINATION
SENIOR SECONDARY SCHOOL – SS 2
SECTION A – OBJECTIVES
Answer all questions.
1. Flow of current in electrolytes is due to the movement of
(b) Holes and Electrons
2. What quantity of electricity was consumed when 10A was consumed in 1hr during Electrolysis.
3. Calculate the mass of aluminium deposited when a current of 3.0A is passed through an aluminium electrolyte for 2hrs.
(Al = 27, 1F = 96500)
4. One faraday is equal to ________________.
(c) one mole of electron
Relevant link – Second Term Examination Chemistry SS 1
5. Rate of reactions depends on the following factors except:
(a) Rate at which gas is evolved.
(b) Rate at which colour of reactions change.
(c) Rate at which products are formed.
(d) Rate at which the reactants diminish.
6. The unit of rate of a chemical reaction is:
7. If 2g of zinc granules was reacted with excess dilute HCL to evolve hydrogen gas which came to completion after 5 mins. Calculate the rate of the chemical reaction in ghr-¹.
8. The minimum or critical amount of energy required before a chemical reaction could occur Is called ________________.
(a) Reaction Energy
(b) Effective Collision
(c) Activation energy
(d) Minimum Energy
9. Reaction occurs when the colliding reactant particles ________________.
(a) Have energy less then the energy barrier.
(b) have energy equal or greater than the energy barrier.
(c) have energy less than the effective collision.
(d) have energy greater than that of the products.
10. These are factors affecting chemical reactions except ________________.
(a) surface Area
(c) nature of the Reactants
(d) activating Energy
11. Two boys balanced steady in a see-saw game is an example of ________________.
(a) Static Equilibrium
(b) dynamic Equilibrium
(c) Homogenous Equilibrium
(d) Mutual Equilibrium
12. Factors affecting Equilibrium reactions includes the following except ________________.
(a) Pressure for solids
(d) Pressure for gases
13. In most Equilibrium reactions, catalyst is not required because ________________.
(a) Catalyst reduces the energy barrier
(b) Most catalyst are easily poisoned when wrongly chosen
(c) Catalyst favours both forward and backward reactions
(d) Catalyst could be positive or Negative
14. The Phenomenon whereby the atmospheric pressure is equal to the Saturated vapour pressure is called ________________.
(b) Latent Heat
(d) Normal Pressure
15. What is the chemical Formular for Manganese?
SECTION B — THEORY
Answer all Questions in this section.
1. What is rate of Reaction?
b. List 5 ways of determining rates of reaction.
c. Explain comprehensively what you understand by ‘Collision Theory’.
d. List and Explain 5 factors that affects the rates of a reaction.
2. Explain comprehensively ‘Chemical Equilibrium’
b. List 5 Properties(characteristics) of a system existing in chemical equilibrium
c. Explain ‘Equilibrium in reversible reaction’.
3. State Le Chatlier’s Principle
b. List and explain fully the conditions at which equilibrium state is dependent on.