CRN INTERNATIONAL SCHOOL
SECOND TERM EXAMINATION
SENIOR SECONDARY SCHOOL – SS 2
SECTION A — Objestives
Answer all questions
1. The belief, values and attitudes which are commonly held and expressed by the majority of people on a given public issue is referred to as public ____________________.
2. ____________________ supervises public corporations.
(a) Board of Editors
(b) Board of management
(c) Board of Lawyers
(d) Board of Directors
3. The nearest tier of government to the people is the ____________________ government.
4. In the Old Yoruba pre-colonial political system, ____________________ was the Head of the Oyomesi.
(b) Ogboni society
Relevant links – Second Term Examination Government SS 1
Mock Examination Government SS 3
5. The Macpherson constitution was established in the year ____________________.
6. In the Igbo-pre colonial political system, the head of the ofo title holders was referred to as ____________________.
7. A racist practice in South Africa that led to the imprisonment of Nelson Mandela for twenty seven is called ____________________.
8. An example of a constitutional monarch is ____________________.
(a) The Queen of England
(b) The President of Spain
(c) The King of Saudi Arabia
(d) The British Prime minister
9. The Hausa/Fulani Empire was highly ____________________.
10. The French established ____________________ Colonial policy in their territories.
(a) policy of accommodation
(b) policy of separation
(c) policy of association
(d) policy of assimilation
11. The Prime minister of England is ____________________.
12. A system of government by a King, Queen or Emperor is termed ____________________.
13. The name of the electoral umpire in the last General elections in Nigeria is ____________________.
14. ____________________ constitution is very difficult to amend.
15. The last presidential election in Nigeria was held on ____________________.
16. ____________________ constitution was not published in 1939.
17. ____________________ was the head of the Army in the Yoruba pre-colonial political system.
18. The act of choosing candidates to represent the people of a given country is ____________________.
19. ____________________ body is responsible for organizing and conducting elections in any political system.
20. The civil service in Nigeria is headed by ____________________.
SECTION B: THEORY
Answer four questions in all. Question one is compulsory.
1a. In their appropriate order, list the past Governors-General during Nigeria’s colonial period.
1b. What is colonialism?
1c. Differentiate between the policy of association and the policy of assimilation.
2a. What is Nationalization?
2b. State three external and two internal factors that led to the rise and growth of Nationalism in Nigeria.
2c. Trace the history of constitutional development in Nigeria.
3a. The 1951 Macpherson constitution was regarded and seen as a home made constitution. Discuss.
3b. Highlight five features of the Macpherson constitution of 1951.
3c. Why was Sir Bernard boudillon’s constitution of 1939 not published.?
4a. Differentiate between Republicanism and Parliamentarism.
4b. Why is the President of Nigeria both the Head of state and commander of the armed forces, federal Republic of Nigeria?
4c. Define rule of law and state its principles.
5a. In a tabular format, highlight two differences between the levels and organs of government.
5b. List the stages of Nigeria’s development.
5c. Explain exhaustively the concept, Separation of powers.