CRN INTERNATIONAL SCHOOL
SECOND TERM EXAMINATION
INFORMATION COMMUNICATION TECHNOLOGY – ICT
JUNIOR SECONDARY SCHOOL – JSS 2
Choose the correct answer from the options.
1. ICT is used for the following except _______________.
[a] information management
[b] timing and control
2. A program is _______________.
[a] a set of solutions
[b] a definition of a problem
[c] a set of instructions
[d] games theory
3. The low level language is also called __________________.
[a] high level language
[b] machine language
[c] local language
[d] natural language
4. The _______________ is a program that translates program written in assembly language to machine language.
5. The process of removing errors in a program is called _______________.
6. Which of the following is not a keyword?
7. Which of the following is used to output result?
[d] all of the above.
8. A graphics package will do the following except _______________.
9. The tools used for drawing are located in the _______________.
[a] tool box
[b] status bar
[c] print box
[d] function bar
10. A telecommunication device that is used to send and receive audio and
signals across distance is known as _______________.
11. Which of the following does not transmit signals?
12. Which of the following is a disadvantage of ICT.
[a] effective human interaction
[b] job losses
[d] access to information
13. A graphics program can be used to create a company logo
14. Which of the following is a computer graphics package?
[b] corel draw
15. Which of the following is odd ?
16. Which of the following is a computer program?
[b] MS – paint
17. Symbolic representation is also known as _______________.
18. COBOL acronyms ____________________________________________.
19. A global system for mobile communication is called _________________.
20. is also known as _______________.
Answer Four Questions Only.
1. Define I C T and Communication.
b. List 10 ICT gadgets.
c. State 5 uses of ICT.
d. Describe 2 advantages and 2 disadvantages.
2. What is Algorithm ?
b. Draw five flowchart symbols and name them.
c. What is documentation ?
d. List 5 examples of high level language.
3. Define programming language ?
b. State 5 stages involved in writing a program.
c. List 5 versions ( examples ) of basic.
d. State 5 Key BASIC statements.
4. Define Graphic package .
b. Mention any 6 graphics software packages that you know .
c.. List 5 features of graphic software.
d. List any 8 tools in a tool box.
5. Define the following:
i. Assembly Language
ii. Machine Language.
b. Write the full meaning of the following:
c. Write a simple BASIC program to add up 1 to 5
d. Differentiate between High level language and Low level language