CRN INTERNATIONAL SCHOOL
SECOND TERM EXAMINATION
RELIGION AND NATIONAL VALUES
JUNIOR SECONDARY SCHOOL – JSS 1
SECTION A – Attempt All the Questions in this Section.
1. Components of social studies include all except ____________________.
2. The ability to refrain or stay away from all forms of sexual intercourse is called ____________________.
3. ____________________ is a skill to apply as regards sexual abstinence.
4. One of these is not an agent of socialization.
(b) Peer group
(c) Mass media
(d) Boko haram
5. Nigeria is a country in ____________________ African sub – region.
6. The total ways of life of a group of people that makes them different from others is referred to as ____________________.
(b) Social studies
7. The ability of an individual to readily adjust to different conditions is known as ____________________.
8. One of the following is not a type of family.
9. In Nigeria, our cultures differ from one another in various ways except ____________________.
10. The motto of the Nigerian coat of arms does not include ____________________.
11. Social studies is the study of man and his ____________________ with his environment.
12. There are ____________________ geo – political zones in Nigeria.
13. ____________________ has his/her picture inscribed on the one hundred naira note in Nigeria.
14. ____________________, ____________________, ____________________, etc are examples of things we can find in our physical environment.
15. Nigeria is composed of ____________________ local government areas.
16. Aspects of the Nigerian culture include ____________________ and ____________________.
17. Apart from the three major ethnic groups in Nigeria, others are called ____________________.
18. The emotional attachment to a person or group of people as a result of feeling of affection is referred to as ____________________.
19. A piece of land surrounded by water is referred to as ____________________.
20. The capital city of Zamfara state is ____________________.
SECTION B: Answer Four (4) Questions in all (Question one is Compulsory).
1a. Write out the contents of Nigeria’s national prayer.
1b. State the Nigerian national pledge.
2a. What are social issues or problems?
2b. Give four examples of common social problems in Nigeria.
3a. What is abstinence?
3b. Give four reasons why we study social studies.
4a. Define the term, Adaptability’.
4b. State four reasons why adaptability is important.
5a. What is culture?
5b. State four uniqueness of the Nigerian cultures.