CRN INTERNATIONAL SCHOOL
SECOND TERM EXAMINATION
JUNIOR SECONDARY SCHOOL – JSS 1
RELIGION AND NATIONAL VALUES
SECTION A – Answer All Questions.
1. The process whereby an individual desires to acquire the status of a country is ___________________.
2. One of these is not an attribute of honesty.
3. ___________________ is the working together of a group of people to achieve a common goal.
4. All are types of citizenship except ___________________.
5. All of these are types of human rights in Nigeria except ___________________ rights.
6. One of the following is not included in the geo – political zones in Nigeria.
(a) North West
(b) South East
(c) West North
(d) South South
7. The Nigerian National flag was designed by ___________________.in the year ___________________.
(a) Taiwo Akinwunmi/1959
(b) Kehinde Akinkunmi/1960
(c) Taiwo Akindele/1969
(d) Taiwo Akinkunmi/1959
8. The Eagle in the Nigerian coat of arms represents the ___________________ of Nigeria.
9. The Nigerian national symbol does not include ___________________.
(a) National currency
(b) National paper
(c) National pledge
(d) The Constitution
10. Those privileges which a citizen have as permitted by law are called ___________________.
11. N.Y.S.C means ______________________________________.
12. The silver band or letter Y in our coat of arms stands for ___________________.
13. The Nigerian National Flag was designed by ____________________________________ In the year ___________________.
14. ___________________ Head of State was the longest in Nigeria.
15. Those things which we are expected to do for our country are referred to as ___________________.
16. The actual worth of a thing or an item in monetary terms is called ___________________.
17. The first executive president of Nigeria was ___________________.
18. The current vice president of Nigeria is ___________________.
19. ___________________ is to Jigawa as Damaturu is to Yobe.
20. A place where two Rivers meet is called ___________________.
THEORY: Answer Four (4) Questions Only.
1a. What are human rights?
1b. Using a tabular format, give four differences between a citizen’s rights and his/her duties.
2a. Who is an Alien?
2b. List eight examples of human rights.
3a. State the meaning of the following symbols of the Nigerian coat of arms;
(i) the two white Horses
(ii) the Eagle
(iii) the silver band (Y)
(iv) the black shield
(d) coctus spectabilis
3b. Define the term Values
4a. Are there any consequences of non performance of our obligations? Give four reasons to your answer.
4b. State the motto of the Nigerian coat of arms.
5. In what four ways can one become a citizen of another country?