THEME – BASIC SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY
CRN INTERNATIONAL SCHOOL
BASIC 7 (JSS 1)
SECTION A – ANSWER ALL QUESTIONS
1. ______________ is the energy that cannot be replaced after use.
(a) Solar energy
(b) Wind energy
(c) Water energy d. non – renewable
2. All are examples of non – renewable energy except ______________.
3. Hepatitis B is an example of STI .
(c) None of the above.
(d) All of the above.
4. V D means ______________.
(al video player
(b) video disease
(c) venereal disease
(d) vaginal disease
5. H I V is transmitted from human to ______________.
6. ______________ multiplies rapidly within the first 3 months.
(c) H I V
(d) S T I
7. H I V minor signs include ______________ except.
(a) loss of memory
(b) nerve damage
(c) diarrhea more than a month
(d) thrush in the mouth and throat
8. Less than ___% of all the earth’s water is available as fresh water.
9. ______________ are material and energy that cause pollution.
10. Dry air contains ____% of nitrogen.
11. Excessive ______________ do not allow plant grow.
12. Essential plant nutrients are all except ______________.
13. All are forms of energy except ______________.
14. ______________ energy is used to operate most of the home appliances.
15. Renewable energy is an energy which can be replaced as they are used.
16. Coal, wood, natural gas are examples of ______________ energy.
17. ______________ Converts mechanical energy to electrical energy.
18. ______________ energy produces great energy to operate air craft.
19. Salt (excess) in topsoil does not allow ______________ to grow.
20. ______________ is not curable.
SECTION B: THEORY – ANSWER ALL QUESTIONS
1a. State three modes through which HIV can be transmitted.
1b. What does STI’s stand for?
2a. State three forms of energy.
2b. What are two uses of energy?
3. State a device that converts:
a. Electrical to mechanical energy.
b. Electrical to heat energy.
4a . Define soil pollution
b. Highlight 2 sources of water pollution